Source: Jade Dramas, TVB Magazine Issue 542
Credit: sehseh @ http://idlemindsehseh.blogspot.com | Scans Credit: Wargods @ KuangaiTVB BSS
Reposted from : aZnangel @ asianeu.net/forums/
TVB 2008 Sales Presentation Booklet
TVB sales presentation 2008 features 22 series, and will be aired on November 19th, 2007. Note that not all series will be filmed, or the cast might be changed upon filming.
Blue = Filmed / In filming progress
Red = Confirmed to be filmed (Added: Cast not fully confirmed)

Hu Xue Yan's Lady Chef
Cast: Bobby Au, Charmaine Sheh, Joyce Tang, Wayne Lai, Kwok Fung.
Using the complex society in Qing dynasty as the background, the story narrates the life of big merchant Hu Xue Yan (Bobby Au) and Lady Chef; Lady Bun (Charmaine Sheh) and how they use their intelligence to maneuver their way between government officials and foreign delegates. Luxurious foods that compliment the eyes, fragrance and taste will be incorporated into the series.
Surviving through calamities such as the Taiping Rebellion and Eight-Power Allied Forces, the late Qing era was thrown into chaos. Hu Xue Yan's business was constantly at stake in this tumultuous period, therefore he is calculative be it in business or personal relationship. By chance, he gave shelter to the straight and simple Lady Bun who is extremely talented in cooking. Their personalities are extreme opposite, causing a lot of misunderstanding. After some time, they gradually break down the barrier between them and feelings started to grow. At this time, Bun family enemy in the government appeared. Entangled between danger and personal sentiments, this will be the hardest decision Hu Xue Yan has to make in his life.
Hmmm, I guess I wouldn't watch this. Even if Joyce Tang is inside, because I haven't seen her on screens for a super duper long time! But the thing is that there's Charmaine! Argh! If the show is good I will watch it. But I will watch it because of Wayne, Bobby and Joyce!
Verdict: Maybe

Big White Gourd
Cast: Sunny Chan, Louisa So, Rain Lau, Nancy Wu, Jack Wu, Natalie Wong, Mimi Lo, Dexter Yeung.
A must see in my opinion! Because of Sunny! And I tink it'll be a light hearted ancient series. Plus there's eye candy in the likes of Jack Wu =D It seems that TVB treat some certain people nicely while the rest are just chucked anyhow into other dramas which do not seem appealing at the first look.
Verdict: Definitely watching!

The Gentle Crackdown 2
Cast: Steven Ma, Yumiko Cheng, Ha Yu, Law Koon Lan, Wayne Lai, Savio Tsang, Evergreen Mak, Johnson Lee, Lee Shing Cheung.
I didn't watch The Gentle Crackdown 1 so I guess I won't watch this as well. There isn't anyone who will want to make me watch this show, or the plot isn't exciting enough for me to want to watch it!
Verdict: Not watching

Thirteen Treasures
Cast: Ron Ng, Michael Tse, Ngok Wah, Savio Tsang, Joel Chan, Stephen Huynh.
Using the legendary folktale "Thirteen Protectors" as the background, this story narrates the tale of Lee Hak Yung and his relationship with his adopted sons "Thirteen Protectors". Each of them is talented in literature, martial arts and unique strong points. Their imposing manner is incomparable. As their military exploit increase, benefits started to roll in. The sons started to feel suspectful and jealous each other and harbors secret desires of their own. Among them only Lee Quin Hao doesn't care about personal gains, remaining truthful and sincere. However this has brought him slander, accusations and unspoken danger...
Lee Hak Yung sincerely thought that by being fair and treating everyone impartially, people will remain faithful. He did not realize that human nature is unpredictable, that even flesh and blood bond could not stop the lust of greed.
Okay, this is another dilemma. Because Ron Ng looks hot! But I doubt the storyline is actually fabulous and it's an ancient fighting series. And who is that girl beside Ron?! Looks like Shirley Yeung leh!
Verdict: Maybe

Suspicious Heart
Cast: Anita Yuen, Michael Miu, Christine Ng, Tracy Ip, Power Chan, Ellesmere Choi.
Family, friends and spouse... All relationships are built on trust. Should one day you discovered the closest person to you have betrayed you, how would you handle it? Taking from the female perspective, this series shows their strength and resiliency, bringing out unique toughness amidst gentle exterior.
The female lead was a blissful housewife, leading a happy life. However one day her husband was discovered to be killed in an accident along with a woman whom he is having affair with. Losing her main support and experiencing ridicule from other people, the housewife fell into a low despair. Luckily, she met the male lead. Under his support and encouragement, she rebuilt her life and take responsibility of her family. At this time the female lead found out that their meeting is not a coincidence. The male lead is actually the spouse of the mistress, and the most unexpected thing is that their death is nothing as simple as it appears...
I am soooooo gonna watch this. Anything with Anita Yuen inside rocks. And this is the type of drama that I like. Heck, even the title sounds interesting. Full of suspicion and action and plotting and what-so-ever. =D Probably Michael Miu is the antagonist in the story!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Hidden Master
Cast: Kenneth Ma, Kate Tsui, Leila Tong, Matthew Ko, Lee Kwok Lun, Ben Wong, Gordon Liu, Wong Ching.
Yet another ancient series! Wow, TVB's really coming up with many ancient series. I might watch it. And Kenneth Ma and Kate Tsui are being paired up again! And they will be paired up in another series later on! Are they the new IT couple?
Verdict: Maybe

Golden Destiny
Cast: Steven Ma, Linda Chung, Kent Cheng, Fala Chan, Raymond Cho, Angelina Lo, Kwok Fung, Stephen Wong, Mary Hon, Helen Ma.
FEI MAO is back!!!!! YAY! This looks like a family drama man. And Fei Mao is carrying a stopwatch or some sort. Probably the Green Grass of Home of 2008.
Verdict: Maybe

The 4 Young Constables
Cast: Raymond Lam, Kenneth Ma, Ron Ng, Sammul Chan, Dominic Lam, Kate Tsui, Crystal Tin, Selena Li, Cilla Kung, Vivi Lee.
Wheeeee Raymond Lam! I'm so definitely gonna watch this! This show is probably catered to the fans of the 4 guys, something like an idol drama. But trust me, TVB doesn't make idol dramas. And Kate Tsui is inside again!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Family Link 2
Cast: Dominic Lam, Michael Tse, Kiki Sheung, Margie Tsang, Ellesmere Choi, Rain Lau.
The first one was a hit. However, I duno about this one. Of the 6 stars, only 2 people remain - Michael and Kiki. Sheren and Cecilia are gone. Derek and that guy who was Kiki's husband is also gone. T_T If Michael reprises his gender switching role again, I wouldn't mind watching it =D
Verdict: Maybe

Jewel's Splendour
Cast: Bowie Lam, Moses Chan, Ada Choi, Gigi Lai, Maggie Shiu, Bosco Wong, Linda Chung, Wong Hei, Eddie Kwan, Kenny Wong, David Chiang, Ngok Wah, Lee Si Kei, Lau Dan, Chan Hung Lit, Helen Ma, Rebecca Chan.
OH YES! This show has garnered so much attention, both positive and negative. This is the first show that TVB is filming for the HDTV generation, and yet before it has been finished, there's been so many rumours about the stars not working together. But I'll definitely be watching it. But why is Bosco in so many of the mega dramas these few years? Urgh, and no Myolie.
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Heart of Greed 2
Cast: Lee Si Kei, Suzanna Kwan, Michelle Yim, Ha Yu, Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Linda Chung, Tavia Yeung, Lai Lok Yi, Fala Chan, Louis Yuen.
I will be watching it! After the runaway success of Heart of Greed 1, the 2nd one reprises. But I wonder what is going to happen to Raymond, Lee Si Kei and Ha Yu's character, since they both died in the first show. But even there's no Raymond, I will watch it because of Michelle!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Burning Flame 3
Cast: Wong Hei, Steven Ma, Bosco Wong, David Chiang, Sunny Chan, Astrid Chan, Anne Heung, Ng Wai Kwok, Eddie Kwan, Patrick Tang, Matthew Ko, Evergreen Mak, Timmy Hung, Charles Szeto, Lam King Kong, Rocky Cheng.
The first show rocked balls! The second one sucked. And the only remaining members are Evergreen, Wong Hei. They are the 2 brothers out of the 3 in the first show. And I'll definitely watch this show. BUT BOSCO IS INSIDE AGAIN! Argh! But there's Sunny!!!!!!!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Shing Suet Yim Chong
Sorry, the title is a bit dificult for translation. It will be a tragic costume series revolving around salt trade.
Cast: Steven Ma, Tavia Yeung, Joey Leung, Raymond Wong, Joel Chan, Cheung Chi Kwong, Fiona Yuen, Kwok Fung, Felix Lok, Kara Hui, Lee Kok Lun.
Nope, definitely not watching this. I don't really like Steven Ma, and basically ancient series dun interest me. Except for War and Destiny, and some others =D
Verdict: Not watching

When Dogs Fall in Love With Cats
Cast: Gallen Lo, Myolie Wu, Lui Fong, Bernice Liu, Margie Tsang, Raymond Wong, Kwok Fung, Benz Hui, Mannor Chan, Au Wai.
The comeback of DRAMA KING - Gallen Lo! Plus, the appearance of upcoming DRAMA QUEEN - Myolie Wu! Such a win win formula. I'm definitely watching this even though the plot sucks. Because I have been waiting for Gallen for such a long time. And I make it a point to watch every of Myolie's shows since TVB treats her badly. RAWR!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Forensic Heroes 2
Cast: Bobby Au, Frankie Lam, Kevin Cheng, Charmaine Sheh, Yoyo Mung, Linda Chung, Raymond Cho, Florence Kwok, Shirley Yeung, Lai Lok Yi, Matthew Ko, Astrid Chan.
After the success of the 1st series, the sequel continues with the combination of forensic expert, coroner and elite police force to form an [Anti-Crime Iron Triangle]. Expect a more enthralling plot development enhanced with rich visual effects. Investigating crime and catching the culprit, maintaining peace in society.
The calm and quick witted Senior Forensic Examiner Tim Sir (Bobby Au) teams up with medical coroner cum crime novelist extraordinaire Dr Koo (Frankie Lam), Narcotics Bureau Senior Inspector Belle (Charmaine Sheh), Bomb Disposal Officer Yi Shing (Kevin Cheng), Criminal Psychology expert Siu Yau (Yoyo Mong) and a team of elite police force by using the most advanced forensic technology, logical analysis and expert knowledge to solve the most puzzling cases. Striving to maintain law and order of civilized society, they fight against intelligent criminals till the very end. Using their spirit of professionalism, they will achieve the idealism of "Justice through Science".
Hmmmm, the good ting is that there's Bobby, Frankie and Kevin. The bad is that there's Charmaine. But I tink the good outweighs the bad more, and I should be watching this. Since this is CSI-based. And Kevin is so hot. =D
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Sweet Talk
Cast: Kate Tsui, Kenneth Ma, Anne Heung, Kingdom Yuen, Ben Wong, Lai Lok Yi, Elaine Yiu, Lau Dan, Yu Yeung, Lau Kong, Mimi Lo, Cheung Yik, Stephen Huynh.
You see! Another drama starring Kenneth and Kate again! This show looks dumb. Guess I won't be watching it. And there's the 'SAM BIU GOR' Elaine Yiu inside. So I'm definitely not watching it.
Verdict: Not watching

Survivor's Law 2
Cast: Kenneth Ma, Sammul Chan, Ella Koon, Selena Li, Waise Lee, Rebecca Chan, Power Chan.
Sammul looks hot. I tink of all the Survivor's Law 2 cast, only Sammul is retained. Raymond and Myolie are not here anymore. And I forgot who was the other girl. I should be watching this because I love law shows!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Thieves Have Their Principles
Cast: Damien Lau, Idy Chan, Louisa So, Joe Ma, Fala Chan, Sharon Chan, Johnson Lee, Evergreen Mak, Sherming Yiu, Lee Kwok Lun, Law Lok Lam, Au Wai, Lo Meng.
Ahhhhhh finally I see Joe Ma! Definitely watching this, because of Joe Ma and Damien. And the title itself feels different from the rest of the other dramas. I'm guessing it'll be a part action, part comedy ting. But who is that girl?!?!?!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Silver Mansion Golden Dust
Cast: Paul Chun, Ng Wi Kwok, Christine Ng, Patrick Tang, Shirley Yeung, Rebecca Chan, Nancy Wu, Winnie Yeung, Poon Fong Fong, Matt Yeung.
The complex traditions and feudal mindset have tightly shackled the minds of the older Chinese generation. The conservative mindset distorted the human nature, and at the same time writing off their conscience in the name of traditions. The tragic story of that era came alive before our eyes through this series.
Sheung Kun is the head of an ancestor inherited gold business. He has four wives, a son and a daughter. His father, Old Master is still present. It was Old Master 80th birthday therefore Sheung Kun gathered all members of the family to prepare for a lavish birthday banquet, including his half younger brother who had left the village for many years. Unexpectedly, a happy occasion turned into a sad one as Old Master suddenly passed away. Hence forth, a lot of shocking secrets and struggles are uncovered within this feudal family.
I cant give any comments about this show yet. Cus I can't tell what this show is about yet! But based on stars, I doubt I will watch this show, because I don't really like any of the people inside there. =x
Verdict: Maybe

Di Ren Jie
Cast: Kent Cheng, Bernice Liu, Sunny Chan, Sonija Kwok, Leila Tong, Liu Kai Chi, Rebecca Chan, Evergreen Mak, Matthew Ko, Stephen Wong, Lau Kong.
Yay yay! Another Sunny series. But it's yet another ancient series. That's 2 for him already. I hope Sonija doesn't go around causing marital problems again. I tink she has a penchant for doing so.
Verdict: Maybe

Taichi Master
Cast: Vincent Zhao, Melissa Ng, Raymond Lam, Myolie Wu, Kenneth Ma, Selena Li, Lau Siu Ming, Derek Kwok, Power Chan, Lau Kong, Paul Chun.
I'm watching this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because of Myolie and Raymond. And Vincent is looking hot too!!!! I've heard reviews about the filming and I tink the plot will be good, the fighting scenes will be good too! Plus, Myolie and Raymond look hot in their respective roles!
Verdict: Definitely watching!

Walking With The Enemy
Cast: Roger Kwok, Kevin Cheng, Yoyo Mung, Kiki Sheung, Lui Shan, Wong Chun, Elaine Yiu, Lai Xuen, Ellesmere Choi, Evergreen Mak, Macy Chan, Fiona Yuen.
Last but not least, Kevin Cheng! Yay, I'll be watching this show too. This is Roger's first show in the list and the plot seems exactly like those that I will watch. Count me in! Btw, Kevin looks bad! =D
Verdict: Definitely watching!
Wow, seems like plenty of shows for me to watch next year! I can't wait!
men should not accept our destiny,we should choose it.
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
Labels: Dramas


D.I.E
The Dream Catchers