Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

STAR AWARDS 2007

Firstly, I would like to state a disclaimer that I do not have an actual camera, so some things will not be that good in quality. Actually you'll be able to tell the difference between an actual camera and a handphone camera. Anyone up for buying me an actual camera this wonderful Christmas? xD

Secondly, if I may have offended anyone with my frank post below, please do not come here to kill me. I just state my opinions only. Well of course, if you think I have toed out of line, feel free to tag lor. But try not to. It's just an entry!

Okay for the main course: STAR AWARDS 2007!

It was quite a hellish ride in my opinion, because we got confirmation of the tickets almost at the eleventh hour. Of course even if I didn't have tickets I'll still go down. Bee, on the other hand couldn't get tickets. Thus, she and my new found friend Kaevan had to wait outside in lieu of hope that the officer would let them in, WHICH THEY DID! Cheers for MDC officers!

Reached the reception around 5.40pm. It was actually quite late already, and we had to queue almost to the back already! There we met another of Yvonne's die hard fan - Jean. Another of my new found friends! I think this time was more fruitful than the previous week because I was able to make new friends!

Went in to the studio about 6.15pm. And thank goodness, we got rather good seats! Right in the middle about the 3rd row from the front. Everything was quite clear, the only bad point was that I couldn't see the galley below where my beloved husband and Yvonne was!

Wheee~ it was 7pm! The show started! First, all the actors and actresses of Mediacorp walked down from back stage in sequence of the categories that they were nominated. Then, slowly but surely, the nominees for Best Actress came out, and I saw Yvonne! I cheered like mad, and I think my voice was actually heard over the crowds of Joanne and Jesseca fans man. LOL. Don't know what screaming ghost came over me.


Yvonne was damn cute! She wore a cute red dress and tied some sash or something to her waist. MUAHAHA! She was easily the smallest size among the 5 of them man. But the most powerful in acting. xD

After that came the category for Best Actor and I saw my HUSBAND Mr. Tay!!!! But there weren't much people cheering for him, so I was actually pretty soft man! But it's okay, because Mr Tay has me xD

First award up - Best Drama. I was seriously NOT expecting Metamorphosis to win, because there was the all popular Mars vs Venus and Like Father, Like Daughter. But the moment when the announcer said that it was Metamorphosis, ALL OF US FLEW UP AND CHEERED! I even looked over to Bee's side and flashed a 'VICTORY' sign!!! The best part was when the producer said “你相信正义吗? 正义是存在的!” - a quote from the show. OMG first award and we were so high already!

After that came a few awards which seriously do not need mentioning at all because they're not that important to me. But I'll just summarize it up for you guys:

The Best Supporting Actor went to Darren Lim for Kinship 1 where he acted as the obnoxious Naifa. I wanted Brandon Wong to win but he didn't! I don't know why. I think he did superbly for The Homecoming.
The Best Supporting Actress went to May Phua for Mars vs Venus where she acted as Carmen, who is skeptical about love and tried to steal her best friend's boyfriend. Hmmm, not much comments except that I thought Ezann Lee should win.
Best host : Mark Lee, who magnanimously shared the award with Jeff Wang.
Best variety show: Dare to say it 2 (You Hua Hao Hao Shuo)

I can't remember the rest. So I'll skip forward to my favorite part!

Went to sit with Bee and Kaevan because I was fed up of not being able to see Yvonne from where I was sitting, even though it meant sitting on the floor. But it was nice la, cus we could all cheer properly there. PLUS, I could see Yvonne clearly! But Yvonne doesn't respond to her English name! I called 'YVONNE!!!' thrice but she didn't hear. And the first time I screamed 'XIANGPING!!!' and Yvonne turned around to wave to me. LOL.

Anyways, the Best Actress Award. As mentioned before, I predicted that Biren will win because she was the super hot favorite to win. But when the award was announced, and no thanks to the announcer who consistently gave me heart attacks with his dilly-dallying. But when he suddenly announced 'METAMORPHOSIS - YVONNE LIM!', me and Kaevan and Bee jumped out and screamed our lungs out! Yvonne was also shocked and she was super overwhelmed! I was soooo happy and taken for surprise that I couldn't stop screaming at all!

Plus, when Yvonne was giving her speech, she couldn't continue at a point of time, and I screamed 'XIANGPING JIA YOU!' and it was heard on television. OMG. I have a super loud voice la, considering that I was a one-man army.

The clip of her speech can be seen here. http://linxiangping.blogspot.com/


Yvonne giving her speech.

The next award was Best Actor, but nope, my husband didn't win. Zheng Geping, (another hottie) won for his role in Like Father Like Daughter. And he was also super surprised, saying that he didn't have much of a chance of winning considering he was over 40 years old! xD I was initially a little disappointed with Mr Tay not winning, but I think he still has his chances in time to come, so I'm not too sad about that.

I'll just briefly run through the Top 10 Actors and Actresses since Yvonne wasn't in. But it wasn't a surprise she wasn't in, since she told us that she didn't want us to waste money voting :) Mr Tay got in for Top 10!!! And I screamed again, but he didn't look up!!! ARGH! But the unfortunate thing was that Tan Hung Wee didn't get in, especially when he was in the running since week 1. I was kinda sad, cus I like Hanwei too. A few shocking entries were Zhang Yaodong, and Mark Lee.

The ladies' one was more shocking though. I feel as if I have never seen such shocking results before. Out of the famous 7 princesses, only 3 of them got in to Top 10 namely RuiEn, Felicia Chin, and Jesseca Liu. Yes, Jeanette Aw wasn't in! I was super shocked man since she was a super shoo-in for the award leh! I mean, the Jeanius fans ( Jeanette's fans) were crying their eyes out when the last award went to Kym Ng. O.O

One funny thing happened though. When 183 was announcing the names, and Ming Dao said the next person had a 2 word name, ALL the RuiEn fans started screaming her name and cheering as if RuiEn was the one. Guess what? IT TURNED OUT TO BE XIANGYUN! LOL, I was rolling on the floor laughing my ass off when I saw the look on Kaevan's and Bee's faces man! A CLASSIC MOMENT IN MY LIFE! Well, of course RuiEn got in. She would have la, there wasn't to be any doubts. She has quite a big FC.

OH by the way, Rui En remembered me from last week! Cus we were trying to get her attention and I flashed a 'VICTORY' sign to Rui En. When she saw it, she smiled and flashed back xD

After the show, Kaevan, Bee and I zoomed straight down to Radio Gate to wait for the stars as usual. Firstly, we saw Terence Cao who was walking out of the gate on foot as he couldn't drive a car. I said bye to him and he replied back bye too! Haha, he's friendly. Plus, he told us to take care because there were many cars rushing by and we were like in danger of being knocked over.

I kind of forgot who the other artistes who went out were, but I saw Zoe Tay, Huang Biren, Calvin Soh, Michelle Chong, Jack Neo, 5566, Fann Wong, and many others!

Suddenly, an orange VW Beetle drove out of the gate. Without even thinking, I knew it was Hanwei's car, because only he has such a car in Singapore. So Bee and I ran over. Wah Bee ran damn fast can. I think she very kan cheong leh. Kaevan followed behind us and lost her marker temporarily though. xD Hanwei was soooooo sincere in apologising to us about not getting into the Top 10 Actor. He said “对不起, 我没有进. 让大家失望了.” I told him that we will try again next year and don't be disappointed. xD

Bee and I had our notebooks and albums signed. While Hanwei was signing it, he said he hadn't bought the album so I told him to get it, cus the songs were super nice! LOL I even told him that I only listen to his songs in the whole album, which is quite true!!! After that PICTURES AGAIN! Hanwei put his arms around us AGAIN!


Me and Hanwei


Hanwei's autograph

Next was RuiEn driving her Honda out. Haha, and the good thing was that Rui En really remembered me, cus she said I was the 爽快 fan. xD But we weren't able to get a good conversation because there were too many people. But there was one funny incident. After I took the picture with Rui En, Kaevan was pressing me so I couldn't move at all! So I told Rui En that I couldn't move and that I had to lean against her car. Guess what she said? "Don't scratch my car". I was LOL-ING when I heard that. She's frank and I like it.


Me with Rui En


Rui En's autograph

Next was Ivy Lee. I don't have much to say of her except that she's really professional as an actress. Not too friendly though but professional!


Me with Ivy

THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE EVENING! After waiting for 957234157 hours, Yvonne finally came out! Actually I didn't recognise it was her, until she wound down her car window beside me and looked at me! And I said 'XIANGPING GONG XI NI!' and told her to go to the side so we can talk xD I think all of us were just too high la. The moment Yvonne came out, I shook her hands and said congratulations again. When I asked if she knew who I was, she immediately I was Audrey.

Wah KNS, first time celebrity can recognise me without even me telling her what my name was. I was damn impressed. Haha. And she was really friendly! She kept telling us how thankful she was that we went down to support her. Then, I asked where her trophy was and she said it was behind. Tried looking and finding for it, but couldn't. Haha.

Gave her my 'TRUTH BE TOLD' VCD to sign. I think I was too frank, I said sorry that I couldn't buy the DVD cus I didn't have enough money and she said it was okay. LOL. And Yvonne wrote a message to me even when I didn't ask for it!!!! One funny thing though, I whispered to her that I was sorry she couldn't get into the Top 10 and she said "You guys don't need to vote so much and waste your money!"


Truth Be Told VCD!


Yvonne's message to me

Guess what I replied: "Oh okay, by the way, I only voted one for you =x" Yvonne looked up and said "OK! GOOD!"

Photos time!!! Wouldn't comment much on it, only that Yvonne looked 'weird' in the first photo which I am not going to post up xD and I think she has some sixth sense or something. She requested for another picture without even looking at it o.0. Marvellous.


Me with Yvonne!!!!!!!

And yes, there'll be a gathering soon! Yvonne's currently on holiday this week, but we'll meet up sometime soon before the year end!!! I can't wait at all man! YVONNE CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN FOR WINNING BEST ACTRESS!!!!!!

A super successful outing with most of my targets achieved! I love the picture of me with Yvonne!

A few pictures of the show:




One of my favorite scenes of Metamorphosis!

men should not accept our destiny,we should choose it.
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: ,