Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I realise I forgot to blog about Rhythm of Life! And the show has ended like two weeks back? Frankly, this show was the first show that I really looked forward to since the start of the year, because most of the shows before this like, [The Truth], [A Taste of Love], [Just in Singapore] have been lacklustre.

Either I gave up halfway or I never even bothered watching it! I mean, even [The Truth] which had 老公 inside didn't even tempt me to continue on with the show. So the lack of quality in the dramas for this year, aren't really much to talk about.

Heck, I even watched the sneak previews of Rhythm of Life cus I was too eager to find out what will happen in the next episode. But before you guys say I'm biased, I thought the show was draggy in a few parts, and some of the casts could have done better. Plus, bigger budget for the show! 'Taj Mahal' was a backdrop in one of the studios, with a couple of 'miaojings' (learnt this from JM) randomly picked to create the effect!

One thing really really good though: Zzen was definitely the best in the show! It's been like aeons since I last saw him on TV. [OK la, not so long, since I saw him in The Vagrant, but it doesn't count!] And he's looking so much better and his acting chops are just ace man!

His role as Tianbao is so lovable yet real at the same time. You can feel his pain of seeing his loved one (Jesseca) liking another person and how he does every single thing with her in mind. His emo scenes were also freaking good la! Once he found out that Jesseca died (OOPS! SPOILER!), his crying scenes, WAH! I felt like crying with him can! Too bad, the ending wasn't in favor with him. So #$%^&*( laaaaaa!

Another person who surprised me was Dawn leh! Surprising la, because I'm not a big fan of hers. In fact, I'm not even a fan of her at all. Too cute and 'Hello Kitty'-ish for my liking. But she turned heads with this performance of Fei Fei who is a street girl who cheats money from chee ko peks but falls in love with Tianbao. When Tianbao doesn't reciprocate her feelings, she becomes deranged and tries to kill herself, kill Jesseca etc etc. Not bad at all!

The other casts are okay okay. Not really worth mentioning. There was Chris in his first show after his release from prison, Elvin acting his same old role as a guy who's utterly faithful to his 对象,Jeanette who plays a girl who's hung up on her previous relationship, and Jesseca who's like the lynchpin of the 3 guy friends and loves Chris like mad. -.-

FYI, I hated the ending though. It's always been risky trying to incorporate the concept of time change along with a modern drama and I think at times, the producer (who incidentally, is the same as Metamorphosis) pulls it off, at times it really sucks. But I'm super not satisfied with the drama's ending at all, so I shan't harp on it.

Rhythm of Life: 3.5/5

Men should not accept our destiny, we should choose it.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: