Yeah right.
Now that my unfriendliness with Malaysia is done with in the first paragraph, now comes the friendliness with Malaysia. On top of the great food and the fact that I get to see my relatives, this trip to Malaysia held many firsts for me too!
Anyway, we went fishing at Rompin. And this was only my 2nd time going deep sea fishing. And to my surprise, the living conditions at the chalet was damn good. Heck, I was even inclined not to go out to sea on the 2nd day, just so I can watch TV. Hehe! Weather was great, the skies always looked like it was going to rain but it didn't. So ar, the skies were like a myraid of colors man!








It was a sad thing because I woke up abit too late to take the sunrise, but even when I woke up late, the view was still great. The calmness of the river and the fresh air. It's quite difficult to get fresh air in Malaysian cities you know, with all the pollution. So I really appreciated it.I think I'm getting my sea legs anyway, because I've been able to withstand the currents at sea without feeling like I want to try up. Another few more times, and I will have gotten my seasickness out of the way!
Oh! The power of a good camera. Wahaha! This was the first time that I could really test my camera's shutter speed while we were cruising into the sea with all the waves crashing around the boat. Try taking a picture with the boat moving at like 60km/h and you're just basically bumping here and there. I had a super hard time man! But it was fun trying to catch the drops of water in the whitewater left behind xD




Didn't catch much this time because I've already caught a sailfish before, so Dad's friends tried it out. But it was abit disappointing, because out of 5 sails, we managed to successfully reel in 2 only. That's like a 40% success rate. OMG! So, I tried to catch a picture of the sail jumping out of the water, and trying to do that through the viewfinder was no easy feat, so I just randomly shot my camera in the direction of the jump.
I know, I know, it's too far at the top, but it's the clearest picture I've got! Wahaha! Anyway the biggest sail we caught was like about 4.5 people long and it was like mebbe 25-30 kg? Freaking heavy la. WAHAHA!Oh yes, I caught some squids too. You know, squids are like one of the best things to catch because they fight you right until the end. Even when you've reeled the squid up, it still attempts to spray you with the ink. And the pull of the squid is not small either! I caught about 4 squids this trip and it was my biggest haul. Heck, the squids were like bigger than the size of my face? You can cook like 2 dinners of calamari with it man!!!!
We also caught some sharks as well. Shall not dwell too much on it, but these sharks are called gummy sharks. And no, they dun have fangs or jaws, but they will still bite people. These gummy sharks are small, even when they're fully grown. And they make good curry! WAHAHA! =x
Thrown in the line of good food were standards like my fave Bak Kut Teh, Hokkien Mee, seafood, soups, roti canai, curry and basically everything! Gosh, if not for the dirtiness and unhygenic condition of Malaysia, I will really seriously consider moving there.
Men should not accept our destiny, we should choose it.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
Labels: Outings, Photography




D.I.E
The Dream Catchers