Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Wheeeeeeee it's another year again! Another round of awards to be given out. This time, it's the Hong Kong TVB one. In my opinion, this year's nominees aren't very good. I was quite puzzled over the nominees they made. But then again, TVB is TVB. It's just a awards show to promote the stars that they wanna promote, and a chance for them to freeze the stars they don't wanna promote.

So, here's the list of nominees and my choice picks! I will comment below each category if need be.

Best Actor

Why the hell did they put Kenneth there for Survivor's Law II?! I mean, there's definitely better choices than him, like Vincent in [The Master of Taichi] or even Ray in the same show! Just because TVB wants to promote him, he gets a nomination. And also, Bobby got nominated for the wrong show. He should have been nominated for Forensic Heroes 2! =D I was quite torn between choosing Hayu, Damien or Ray. Because I felt Ray didn't do as well in [Moonlight Resonance] as Hayu, and Damien was damn good in [Catch Me Now]. So therefore, my vote goes to the two veterans. Ray is still young xD.

Best Actress

No hesitation. I don't want Lee See Kei to get Best Actress again, and Michelle was seriously underrated last year in her role as Lei Yi in [Heart of Greed]. So even though her turn as a villian in [Moonlight Resonance] wasn't that good, she still deserves something. Same thing again, why is Kate there?! And for [Speech of Silence], which IMO, was a disaster. Yes, I'm going to say the same thing again; why not give the nomination to Melissa who did so damn freaking well in [The Master of Taichi] that she converted me into a fan of hers! And what is Nancy Sit and Liza Wang doing there? T_T

Best Supporting Actor

Wayne Wayne Wayne! Another one of TVB's underrated stars. I think he got nominated for [The Gentle Crackdown 2] which I didn't watch. But I liked his scenes in [Moonlight Resonance] and he should seriously be given an award for all the years of hard work he's put in. Another person is Johnson Lee. Heard about his fantastic acting in [Catch Me Now] and he's been quite consistent over these last few years. So another nod for him. And what is Fung Nin [Kenneth from TMTC] doing there?! LOL!

Best Supporting Actress

Tavia! I was disappointed that she didn't get nominated for Best Actress actually. Because she really touched me, and the reason for me to watch [Moonlight Resonance] was because of her largely. Her performances when I first saw her in [Golden Faith] all the way till now have been improving and she should finally get an award for all the work she's put in. Although I'm a bit disappointed Myolie didn't get in, but this isn't her year la. Let Tavia get it - my eternal beauty!

Most Popular Male Character

Okay, after passing Ray for Best Actor, I've decided to put him as Most Popular Male Character for his [Goon Ga Zai] role in [Moonlight Resonance]. But I really hate his love for Linda, when Linda was such a weak character. Inidividually, he rocks though. I was also tempted to put Derek Kwok as another pick, but decided not to la. Reason will be unveiled below. Where's Vincent's name?!!!!

Most Popular Female Character

This was the most difficult category. Because I didn't know who to choose at all. In the end I just settled for Fala's turn as a mute girl in [Moonlight Resonance]. I used to dislike her, now I find that she's becoming nicer and better in acting too. Plus, her ability to act without speaking was amazing. But where's Melissa's name?!!!

Most Improved Actor

No comments, but the reason why I didn't choose Derek in Most Popular Male Character was because I felt he should deserve the Most Improved Actor award. But it's abit strange, I thought [Most Improved] awards were given out to newbies and not veterans. And Derek has been acting for many many years.

Most Improved Actress

I.Do.Not.Want.Tavia.To.Get.This or else it'll mean she was damn lousy last time. Let her get the Best Supporting Actress and let Nancy Wu get the Most Improved Actress award. If you watched [Phoenix Rising], you'll know why I want Nancy Wu to win.

Best Drama

It's definitely gotta be [The Master of Taichi]! Although 90% of the chances is that Moonlight Resonance is going to win, but [TMTC] was the only drama that could make me break my principles and watch it online every single day. Plus, the cinematography was so beautiful that none of the shows can actually match it. And we have a super duper cute couple in Vinlissa, and I want to see them act in another show again!

Okay, my verdict is out. A little bias, yes. Because I didn't watch every show, and some shows I'm just basing my result on what I've read and heard through the internet. But hope my predictions are correct!

Men should not accept our destiny, we should choose it.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: