Gonna continue with my predictions...
Best Supporting Actor:
Dai Yangtian (The Little Nyonya)
Darren Lim (The Little Nyonya)
Yao Wenlong (The Little Nyonya)
Zzen Zhang (The Little Nyonya)
Chew Chor Meng (The Golden Path)
Zhu Houren (The Defining Moment)
Who should win: I'm going with Chew Chor Meng. For one simple fact, that scene where Kaijie asked Kaida not to spill the beans on him killing Jinfeng was so moving and consciously-immoral that no one could have pulled it off except Chew Chor Meng. He has matured so much from his Lobang King days, and now with his illness, Mediacorp should really acknowledge his hard work and give him this award. Here's to you, Kaida!
Who will win: I'm guessing Yao Wenlong or Zzen Zhang. One played a fierce-looking, kind and filial son who ended up being sworn siblings with Yueniang in TLN, whereas one played an incorrigible jerk who was not remorseful at all about his sins! Zzen has been very strong in his acting this year and if he were to be nominated for his role as Wang Tianbao in The Rhythm of Life, I would choose him immediately. Because he was the only one who made me continue watching the show. Yao Wenlong should be given credit because he actually trained like mad for the role and it was a refreshing sight to see him in the otherwise draggy show!
Best Supporting Actress:
Lin Meijiao (The Little Nyonya)
Ng Hui (The Little Nyonya)
Eelyn Kok (The Little Nyonya)
Xiang Yun (The Little Nyonya)
Li Yinzhu (The Little Nyonya)
Cai Peixuan (The Golden Path)
Who should win: Cai Peixuan!!! She completely held her own opposite Li Nanxing in The Golden Path, and that's not an easy feat okay! I mean, both of them had such good chemistry with each other la. It was a sad thing she wasn't nominated for the Best Newcomer, which she would have won easily. But I'm hoping she will win this category and snuff out the Nyonya-nees!
Who will win: Hmmm, probably Lin Meijiao or Ng Hui. One acted as an evil matriach in the family, while the other, a servant maid whose legs were broken by the evil matriach. Conflicting personalities, but amazing parallel-ness in the acting. Ng Hui has improved so much and Lin Meijiao is amazing as usual. Great character playing from the both of them.
Best Newcomer:
Dai Yangtian
Andie Chen
Koh Yah Hwee
Paige Chua
Zhang Zhen Huan
Jerry Yeo
Who should win: I think Paige Chua or Dai Yangtian. I was quite surprised at Paige's performance in The Dream Catchers. Except for that part when she was playing soccer with my husband, that's the exception. And she's quite pretty! As for Dai Yangtian, he really charmed me with his Shanben Yangjie role and that was the only reason why I watched Little Nyonya.
Who will win: I think Dai Yangtian will win, simply for the enormous burst in popularity that he gained with Little Nyonya.
Men should not accept our destiny, we should choose it.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
Labels: Dramas


D.I.E
The Dream Catchers