Biased, I must say. But this makes the win all the more worthy right? Although I feel quite sorry for Rosy Business, because if those two series were not in, it would have definitely won Best Drama. More on that later though! I'll be posting up my thoughts on who will win and who should win.
Green ticks on the boxes refer to those whom I think will win in the Anniversary Awards. I'll be blogging about who should win below. Here goes:
Best Actor:
Who will win: It's down to a fight between Wayne Lai and Gallen Lo. While I'm totally torn between both of them, it'll be good if both of them can get the award!Who should win: Wayne Lai. Com'on, give the man his award already! Although I'm a huge fan of Gallen, but I think this should be Wayne's year.
Best Actress:
Who will win: I've heard rumors that Sheren Tang won't win this year because she doesn't have an actual contract with TVB. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and trust that they will give the award to Sheren who was overlooked for her role in La Femme Desperado! Tavia Yeung is another hot favourite after her stunning role in Moonlight Resonance, and she has a high chance of getting it as well.Who should win: Sheren Tang. Her role in Rosy Business as 'Sei Lai Lai' was so powerful and good that my mum has been talking about her ever since she watched the series! And yes, give Sheren an award already!
Best Supporting Actor:
Who will win: I feel this isn't a very outstanding list, but the two most outstanding ones will be Michael Tse and Ron Ng. Much has been said about Michael's role in E.U. as 'Laughing Gor' and he has really worked hard these few years. Ron, who has often been criticised for his wooden acting, did marvellously in Rosy Business. Not to mention, I love the themesong for Rosy Business as well!Who should win: Michael Tse. Again, his role in La Femme Desperado was overlooked and he has consistently been doing well. Frankly, 'Laughing Gor' was quite a huge factor in me continuing with E.U.
Best Supporting Actress:
Who will win: Susan Tse or Michelle Yim. I hated Susan in Rosy Business, but she had to do a damn good job in order for me to hate her right? And well, Michelle has always been good in her acting. And although I haven't seen Beyond the Realm of Conscience, I've heard that Susanna and Michelle did a pretty good job inside!Who should win: This is a tough choice. I somehow think Michelle Yim will edge out Susan Tse slightly. Hence, my vote goes to Michelle Yim.
Most Favourite Male Character:
Who will win: Seriously, if Wayne Lai doesn't win Best Actor, then he should all the more win Most Favourite Male Character for 'Chai Gau'. However, this is a tougher fight than Best Actor, simply because, Michael Tse is also included in the nominations for his role as 'Laughing Gor'. And Gallen is too for his role in Born Rich.Who should win: It's either Wayne Lai or Michael Tse. Both their characters have been very widely spoken throughout this year and praised for their acting.
Most Favourite Female Character:
Who will win: How come it seems that the females have a tougher fight than the males? I'm guessing either Tavia Yeung or Sheren Tang will win. But there're a few dark horses, namely Charmaine Sheh in You're Hired and Kathy Chow in E.U. This will be an interesting fight. Haha!Who should win: I'm really rooting for Sheren Tang to win this. If not, Kathy Chow should win for her role as 'Sam Jie' in E.U. Although it was not spectacular, but Kathy brought the character to life with her acting. Needless to say, 'Sei Lai Lai' was marvellous that up till now, everyone is talking about it.
Most Improved Actor:
Who will win: I have a feeling it'll be Raymond Wong who wins it.Who should win: I don't have any impressions of all these people, but the most likely person will be Raymond Wong.
Most Improved Actress:
Who will win: Wow, last year's nominees had Tavia and Nancy inside. This year... Aimee Chan and Sharon Chan?! Seems to be a drop in standards yeah. I have no one in mind particularly, but Aimee and Sharon should be fighting for it.Who should win: Sharon Chan.
Best Drama:
Who will win: If not for the fact that Beyond and Born were included, I would have definitely chosen Rosy Business to win. For the simple fact, the show was perfect. It had great acting, great cast, great script and everything about it was good! However, it's not a 'Anniversary series', so chances of it winning might be low. E.U. might have an outside chance of winning as well. But the fight would probably be between Beyond, Born and Rosy.Who should win: As I've said, Rosy Business.
Source: TVB.com
What do you guys think? I can sense a influx in TVB posts these few weeks.
Men should not accept our destiny, we should choose it.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
Labels: Dramas


D.I.E
The Dream Catchers