Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Today was a day which reaped good results, both musically and in life. A truly satisfying day in my honest opinion.

While today wasn't exactly a good day to start with, everything pretty much ended on a high once I got home. Firstly, the band had a cultural night performance rehearsal to attend. And that alone was quite taxing. I think not many members came for the rehearsal and it resulted in a shortage of manpower. Thank goodness there was the lorry. Haha.

When we got there, had to set up and stuff. And seriously, the rehearsal was quite sucky in my opinion. We had some staffs who were giving unrealistic instructions to us, like shifting the timpani out of the stage within 20seconds is quite an impossible thing. But since you give me the challenge, I will take it up =D

But I didn't regret going to the rehearsal, because I've experienced one of the most beautiful percussion music in my life, the angklong band. I mean, they're essentially a percussion band but with all those exotic instruments. Trust me, I was mesmerised when I saw them shifting the instruments out. Plus, Mrs Tan was the conductor.

The music was just surreal! And I was super in awe of Mrs Tan. Had heard so much about her from Mr Tan, and here I was, able to see her conducting and I was even given the chance to speak to her. =D Even though we don't know each other properly, I was really impressed by her. Maybe I'm just too excited to see Mrs Tan. LOL.

The good ting? She's coming to the percussion concert this Sunday! Extra motivation to play well. Plus Mr Yeow's playing timpani for one piece, and he's a damn good player! The feeling's actually different compared to meeting Yanzi. You know it feels like meeting a very professional player whom you really admire is different from meeting your idol. I don't exactly know how to describe it.

Anyways other than the logistics of the entire rehearsal, I felt that listening to the angklong play is already a reward itself. I really feel like joining the angklong band. Especially one that is conducted by Mrs Tan. =D

The 2nd highlight of the day was when Psycho told me that she got Myolie's autograph for me at the airport! I should have gone so that I can get her autograph myself, but thanks to Psycho anyway! I can actually feel that Myolie is near me somewhere in Singapore and I was totally psyched up about it.

Another bonus was that Myolie won the Best Actress Award in Comedy!!!!! Actually I was torn between two sides: Myolie and Jessica. In any case, if either of them won, I would have been just as happy =D Congratulations Myolie! It's definitely better than TVB Awards la!

A good day definitely. And one to remember by =D

men should not accept our destiny,we should choose it.
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: ,