Yes I'm currently watching yet another Mr. Tay show!!! Do you know how excited it gets me when there's a Mr. Tay show to watch? I mean, he's so freaking handsome and charismatic. I don't get why Beee doesn't think the same way as I do. =x LOL. Currently showing on Channel 8 - The Golden Path!
The Golden Path

CAST:
Li Nanxing, Chen Liping, Chew Chor Meng, Tay Ping Hui, Joanne Peh, Joey Feng,
Felicia Chin , Cai Peixuan, Huang Wenyong, Alan Tern, Priscelia Chan,
Yan Bing Liang, Carole Lin, Nat Ho, Edmund Chen, Joey Swee, Zheng Geping,
Huang Yiliang, Ong Ai Leng, Zhang Wei, Wang Yuqing, Wen Liling, Hong Peixing, Li Wenhai, Duan Weiming, Yang Xinquan, Wu Kaishen, Bernard Tan, Peter Yu.
Love, hate, friendship and familial ties all collide in Channel 8's year-end 30-episode blockbuster The Golden Path.
To mark the 25th anniversary since the 1st broadcast of our local TV drama serials, the much-anticipated drama incorporates some of the best remembered scenes in past serials like The Flying Fish, Pretty Faces, Turn of The Tide, Finishing Lines, The Last Applause, Stepping Out, Holland V.
As a further treat, viewers can look forward to a sizzling cast of both veterans and upstarts including Li Nanxing, Chen Liping, Tay Ping Hui, Felicia Chin, Joanne Peh, Chew Chor Meng, Joey Feng, Cai Peixuan, Wang Yuqing, Huang Wenyong, Nat Ho, Edmund Chen, Zheng Geping and many more!
The story is set in the early 80s. The protagonist, ‘Xiao Gu' (Chen Liping), is a young widow with 3 children. Together, the family of 4 set up a street hawker stall, “Happy Restaurant” in Chinatown, selling cooked food. Xiao Gu gets to know a guy, named Ah Jin (Li Nanxing). Although he seems to be trustworthy, in reality he is a robber. On the day of their marriage, Ah Jin's involvement in the robbery of a blacksmith factory is brought to light, and in the tussle with the police, he is fatally wounded. On his deathbed, he pleads with Xiao Gu to take care of his 2 children, a son and a daughter. With her ever optimistic approach to life, Xiao Gu readily takes on the challenge of raising the 5 children. With Xiao Gu's capability, she not only succeeds in running “Happy Restaurant”, but also ventures into the coffeshop and wet market businesses. While things seem to be finally looking up for Xiao Gu, her 5 grown up children on the other hand, are either plagued by financial woes or are entangled with affairs of the heart…
Xiao Gu's elder son, Kaida (Chew Chor Meng) is a medical student while her 2nd son, Kaijie (Tay Ping Hui) is studying law. Her youngest child and only daughter, Kaiqi (Joanne Peh) is also an undergraduate. While her own children seem to have a bright future ahead of them, the same cannot be said of Ah Jin's off springs. Ah Jin's son, Jinlong (also played by Li Nanxing) has a carefree nature, and does not have any direction in life. As for his daughter, Jinfeng (newcomer and Miss Singapore Universe 2007 first runner-up and Miss Photogenic Joey Feng), she has her mind set on being a TV artiste, and is therefore not interested in pursuing her studies. Except for Kaiqi, Jinlong has always regarded Xiao Gu and her family with enmity, thinking that she is somewhat responsible for his father's death and that she has made use of his father's loot to rise to riches. While he has a secret liking for Kaiqi, as a result of their disparity in station, Jinlong keeps his feelings for Kaiqi to himself.
Although Jinlong is at loggerheads with Kaijie, his sister, Jinfeng on the other hand, is especially on close terms with him. Jinlong suspects that Kaijie has a hand in the sudden drowning of Jinfeng. He breaks away from the Huang family, and goes astray. He joins the secret society, and after some time, rises to be the infamous ‘Loan shark King'. As for Kaijie, he joins the police force after graduating with a law degree. He makes a name for himself in the police force, after having led a number of successful operations. At the opposing ends of the law, Jinlong and Kaijie's feud continues.
Kaida discovers that Kaijie is responsible for Jinfeng's death. However, he decides to cover up for his brother. Saddled by guilt, he soon becomes mentally affected, and is unable to fulfil his dream of becoming a doctor. After her graduation, Kaiqi becomes a journalist. While researching the crimes of the underworld, Kaiqi learns that Jinlong is already one of the underworld chiefs. She tries to persuade Jinlong to leave the underworld, but to no avail as he reasons that he has already ventured onto path of no return….
The friction between Jinlong and Kaijie intensifies. Forced by circumstances, Jinlong has to leave Singapore. As for Kaijie, following investigation by his superiors, he has also gone into hiding. After much effort, Jinlong manages to trace the whereabouts of Kaijie, with the intention of killing him. However, in the end, he changes his mind, and instead returns to Singapore to give himself up.
For the past 20 years, in spite of the various challenges that come her way, Xiao Gu has always take them in her stride. She sells all her properties and donates the proceeds to charities. Together with Kaida who is recovering from his mental illness, she re-starts the “Happy Restaurant” business.
Being ever optimistic, Xiao Gu still stands by her personal belief and dictum: “A day passes whether you laugh or cry. So, shouldn't you choose to laugh your day away instead?”
See this for more of The Golden Path: http://8.mediacorptv.sg/thegoldenpath/
____________________________________________________________________
Okay, 2nd item: Mediacorp's 25th Anniversary Drama Show. In 4 words: IT WAS A SUCCESS! I thought the show was nostalgic enough to invoke tears in almost everyone man. Chen Liping even cried twice! I had gotten tickets to the show thanks to Beee, through her Rui En Forum friends.
Many awards were given out for example: Top Ten Most Fave Characters, Top Ten Villians [MR TAY, HANWEI AND YVONNE WERE INSIDE!]. Top 5 Dramas, Top 3 Evergreen Couples or something like that, Top 5 Drama Theme Songs etc etc.
Eric Moo brought the house down man. He was singing the song from Kopi-O and the whole crowd was singing with him. And Huang Wenyong was soooooo funny! He ad-libbed 'Kopi-O' into 'Teh-O' and everyone just laughed. xD Oh, and there was also some imprinting done by the artistes who went on stage and Mr Tay imprinted his feet on it!!!! *Loves*
For more juicy scoops, PLEASE BUY 8DAYS OR I-WEEKLY!!!
After the show was over, Rui En went off super fast, but not before signaling to us to wait for her at the Radio Gate. So we rushed over there and Rui En was waiting for us with her Volvo (I think it is a Volvo). Everyone started taking pictures and talking to her. Initially I was quiet because I didn't know what to speak to Rui En. But she kept looking at me, so I couldn't help it but to start talking lor.
Anyways, I think I sabo-ed Beee into taking a picture with Rui En la. Actually Beeee was reluctant, but if I'm not wrong, I screamed to Rui En to take a photo with her. And Rui En actually had a conversation with Beee, not to mention that she said I was fierce. LOL.
(Quoted from Beee's blog)
Rui En: Did you come with them? (referring to 芮不可挡)
Beee: Yah
Rui En: What’s your name?
Me: PINK BEE!!! 粉红蜜蜂!!!
Rui En: *shocked*
Beee: Haha…that’s my nickname…
Rui En: Oh!!! Did you go to the forums? Because I saw you there before…
Beee: *surprised* Oh…
Rui En: Last time I used to go there, no wonder I find you so familiar.
Oh, then I sorta demanded Rui En take a picture with me, and she said I was very 爽快. Haha. I guess I'm just different from other fans. xD

Me with Rui En!
After that, while waiting for Beee's Dad to pick her up, we decided to stand at Radio Gate and wave to whoever drove out. So we saw Gurmit, San Yow, Calvin Soh, Michelle Chong and many others. But suddenly, there was a crowd out of nowhere and rushed to this car. So I was curious and walked over to check. And guess who it was?
ELVIN NG!!!!!!!!! Super Duper Handsome!!!!
I dragged Beee over (again) and we took pictures with Elvin. I asked him if we could take pictures with him and he said 'Okay'. But he was quite rude la - I didn't have a chance to thank him for taking pictures with me and Beee and he turned back to his fans already. And he put very strong cologne!!!!! In the end, me and Beee just sneaked off after taking the pictures. LOL

Me with Elvin!!!
The next photo is my personal favorite because he was one of my favourite actors ever since Metamorphosis. Okay la, I liked him before that already, but it wasn't that intense. Haha. TAN HUNG WEE! He came out in his cute orange Volkswagon Beetle - the only one in Singapore. As he was driving out I waved to him and he waved back. He also signaled to me that he was parking there so that we could take pictures and autographs.

Credits to Beee and I think Tan Hung Wee looks hot here. xD
I can tell he's super caring because he kept asking us to look out for cars and to come closer on the side of the road! And there's ABSOLUTELY NO AIRS about him at all! He answered all our questions nicely (He's going to film a show with Zoe Tay soon!) and he obliged us with pictures too. The best part: He put his arm around each one of us. WAH *MELTS* He's obviously so much more friendlier than Elvin!

Me with TAN HUNG WEE!!! Nice nice!!!!
And I went home super tired, but super happy. And I pestered Beee for photos immediately. LOL.
____________________________________________________________________
Okay. Finally the long-awaited Part 2 of Jessica's Gathering. Seriously there's nothing much to say though.
Hmmm where did I left off? Oh yeah, Jessica made her entrance speech and thus all of us settled down and got ready to eat. We had quite a bird's eye view of Jessica at where we sitting, even though it was a little far. But we had to eat, so never mind lah~~
As we queued up for the food, we tried to get Jessica's attention. And since our bunch was probably the noisiest among everybody, it wasn't that difficult. We kept staring at Jessica eating and each and every time she ate, she had to push her hair to one side. It got so funny that we started to joke about giving Jessica a hair band or hair clip so that she can eat in peace. And when she looked over, I think all of us gave the 'V' sign. MUAHAHA!
To be honest, the food was disappointing. I thought having paid so much, we could have gotten our food served to us. In the end, it was a buffet styled dinner. And the food wasn't that amazing!!! Okay, I didn't like the fish, but the spaghetti, chicken and cauliflower was nice! Haha, but almost everyone didn't like the spaghetti, so I ate it up lor.
After eating, and all our tummies were satisfied, Jessica began her rounds around the table. Initially we thought each table got 15 minutes, but when I looked at my watch, it was less than 15 minutes la. For obvious reasons which I would not state, because if I mention the reason out, my blog will probably get shot. And I can't bear for my blog to get shot. :'(
When Jessica got to our table, we started taking individual pictures with her first. And our group was the first to suggest that Jessica took the pictures on the super comfortable looking couch near the entrance of the restaurant. So each of us took pictures with Jessica, and it was rather confusing though cus we didn't know which camera to look at.
One funny incident though. When I was due to take pictures with Jessica, someone said 'Sit on her lap!' and both mine and Jessica's response were like -.-" . Haha, I then told Jessica that if I sat on her lap her legs would break. xD

Me and Jessica!!!
After the photo taking session, we ushered her to the seat to start signing autographs and also we started throwing questions at her. But don't know for what reason, I couldn't remember the questions at all. And I asked Jessica 'How can we contact you now that you've left TVB?' thrice but she didn't answer back. Haha. I think she was busy signing autographs.
To be truthful, Jessica's english signature isn't as nice as her chinese one. Her chinese one is sooooo much more unique. Oh yes, the shirt. We had Jessica signing both her english and chinese signatures on it. Actually it was difficult to sign using the marker, but somehow she managed it. Haha. That $30 used to draw and buy the shirt was worth it, even though I'm freaking broke now.
Jessica then signed my Dicey Business TVB Magazine and she put my name on it. :) After that, a few of us had photos taken with her previously at the airport and she signed them too. The good thing was that she could remember my name. Haha, since I was probably the most outstanding one already.
We asked her what shows she'll be filming with TVB next year and she replied she was filming JUST LOVE 2 with Sunny Chan again! Yes! I loved that show and I love Sunny Chan too! So I'm definitely eagerly anticipating the series! Also, we asked when is PG2 going to be aired (August next year if I don't remember wrongly) and whether there was any promotions for PG2 (April). And yes, Jessica is going to Japan for a scene for PG2. HOW LUCKY!!!!!!
And we were rushing Jessica to sign everything and the organisers kept looking at their watches. I just ignored them and continued. I don't like people to push me around so I stood my ground until Jessica signed everything for us, and we asked her a private question. The private question cannot be posted on the blog, and please do not ask me in private what it is. Because I will not divulge it.


And I am very proud to be the only person who owns a autographed scratched Jessica picture. I don't know how the hell it got scratched. But I'm pretty okay about it, because it's unique. Besides I can always get her to sign another one. :)

Me and my autographed scratched Jessica picture!!!
While waiting for Jessica to finish, our group took pictures.
The super nice picture. I think I look very nice here. LOL.
The super dao picture. I think I look super fierce. LOL.
After going round all the tables, Jessica sat down at the table and some people gave her packets of Strepsils and Pi Pa Kao. Initially Jessica wanted to pay, but they insisted on not letting her pay. Jessica then took out 4 dollars (I think that was all she had) and they said the cost was 4 dollars, which wasn't the case. Then someone said that they were privileged shoppers from Carrefour (which wasn't true), and okay, I couldn't tahan anymore.
I just yelled 'NO FREAKING WAY' and turned away immediately. Everyone heard it la, but they didn't know who. Jessica heard it and she also said 'There, someone said it. No freaking way!' I think the ones who bought the things for her were quite pissed. =x


After that incident, all of us got together for a big group photo! Initially I didn't want to take the photo, because I wouldn't been seen anyway. But someone forced me to go and take. KNS. In the end, I totally couldn't be seen at all cus I was pushed back. Sheesh~ Have more cow sense next time.
Soon, the gathering came to an end. Jessica went up to the microphone to deliver her ending speech which can be downloaded here. The moment Jessica came up, she said 'No singing!' and we all laughed! And there was something along the lines of me saying she was a superstar and Jessica replying that she wasn't. So Jessica used excuses like she had a sore throat and everything. Haha. Okay, to be honest, I can't remember much of the contents but everything can be heard when you download the file.
And our last ditch attempt to get Jessica to adopt us was futile still. Haha, Jessica said we're perfectly able to take care of ourselves and that her dogs need more taking care of than us. When we said that we eat very little, she said she didn't believe us. HOW SAD!!! Haha. Then we sung a christmas song together 'We wish you a merry christmas'
It was actually corny la. Haha. But everyone was soooooo quiet that I think I attracted alot of attention. But Jessica says she doesn't mind if we're noisy or quiet. Just not too noisy. Then everyone started taking pictures of Jessica and treating her like a mannequin which I can't stand. Haii, don't know why people want to do that. And we persuaded Jessica to make a funny face!!!!!! MUAHAHAHA!
And poof! The gathering was over just like that. We followed Jessica out while trying not to look too obvious and the organisers brought her one whole big round man. Actually I do not know what's the reason for doing that. But oh well. What the Heck.
Quite a successful gathering in my opinion. But I'm having second thoughts. Anyways! Pictures for you guys to enjoy!!!






Wheee!
men should not accept our destiny,we should choose it.
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
Labels: Dramas, star sightings, Yvonne


D.I.E
The Dream Catchers