Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Two new series from TVB coming up! Think I'll try the second show, but definitely I'm skipping the first! Today's post: Lancaster Beauty Talk event, and TVB dramas!

The Gentle Crackdown II

Cast: Steven Ma, Yumiko Cheung, Ha Yu, Wayne Lai, Lo Koon Lan, Tsang Wai Kuen, Mak Cheung Ching, Lee Shing Cheong
Episodes:
20


Crack a case and save the lives.
This is how they start being partners and end up being lovers!

Having lost her father at an early age, farm security guard CHAN SAI-MUI (Yumiko Cheng) grew to be an outspoken and determined woman who would do her utmost to protect her home village. It is her sincerity that has won her respect from all villagers of the Leung Choi County. Sometimes she would get too enthusiastic and impulsive that she could bring about a lot of misunderstandings. Amusingly, she has mistaken the newly appointed agricultural official TSE WONG-SHEUNG (Steven Ma) for a thief and the two of them have been bitter enemies ever since. To keep himself from any possible trouble, SHEUNG has been avoiding MUI intentionally.

For the benefit of his son’s future, SHEUNG’s father TSE CHONG-TIN (Ha Yu) has not only invited the intelligent TAI TSUNG-MAN (Lai Yiu Cheung) to be SHEUNG’s assistant, but also found him four special bodyguards namely CHUK, FUN, MIN and FAN. Despite the best arrangements for SHEUNG, he still gets framed by the corrupted officials from Changsha and is in danger of facing the most torturing punishment. Luckily, MUI and MAN manage to save him in the nick of time with a jade bowl bestowed by the former emperor. To everyone’s surprise, the jade bowl turns out a fake, but with MAN’s wit and courage, SHEUNG is finally saved from danger. MUI has been through a lot together with SHEUNG and is starting to fall in love with him. SHEUNG, on the other hand, has no feelings for MUI and decides to turn to MAN for tips as to how to break away from her. Mysteriously, SHEUNG starts being pursued by a hitman soon afterwards.

Credits to: Astro On Demand

Wasabi Mon Amour

Cast: Michael Tao, Louisa So, Paul Chun, Bernice Liu, Joyce Tang, Dexter Young
Episodes: 20


Melt in mouth Glow of heart
Come experience different tastes of life

Japanese cuisine chef CHUNG YAU-WO (Michael Tao) has long been in love with his childhood friend KO YAU-MEI (Louisa So), who is always interested in pursuing a career in showbiz. To realize her dream, WO lies to the press and refers to MEI as “a most talented chef of the time”. With WO’s help, MEI has finally landed a job as the host of a food program. As MEI is completely clueless about cooking, WO decides to do her a favor by offering to be her assistant, which irritates his mentor KO SHAU (Paul Chun), also father of MEI, beyond measure.

Although the food program turns out to be very popular, MEI often gets picked on by her half sister YIM LAI (Bernice Liu) while at work. LAI is angry with SHAU for being bad to her mother and she means to make things difficult for MEI as revenge. In order to boost her fame and the ratings, MEI reveals to the media the private life of WO and herself, consequently leading WO’s career to a downfall. To escape from the misery of failure in both career and relationship, WO decides to leave for Japan and starts a new life there. SHAU feels the need to give MEI a lesson and resolves to reveal the truth to the press. In the meantime, LAI has also exposed a long-kept secret of SHAU, which has severely tarnished his reputation in his field overnight.

Credits to: Astro On Demand

Seriously, The Gentle Crackdown II doesn't seem interesting AT ALL! Besides I'm not a fan of Steven Ma, and 'Who's that girl?'?!. Definitely not watching that. But Wasabi Mon Amour seems interesting, might just give it a shot man! But there's Bernice inside. Sighs, she's really being promoted by TVB like hell, just like how TVB promoted Charmaine like hell the past few years.

Speaking of which, there was recently an event at Causeway Point and I heard many TVB stars were going to appear! SHIT! I soooooooooo want to go! I hope there's another event like this again. The current TVB people I wanna meet are: Kevin, Myolie, Bosco, Tavia, Raymond and Bobby! Sighs, someone take me to Hong Kong please!
____________________________________________________________________

Went to Lancaster Beauty Talk event yesterday. Haha the main purpose was to see Yvonne la, but truth be told, I found the talk quite interesting, especially when Yvonne and Diana were sharing their beauty tips. And one very very important lesson I learnt was to apply sunblock everywhere I go, because it will help to keep our skin fair!

Wah that means my skin really not bad leh, because I don't even put sunblock when I go out, yet I'm still quite fair. Of course not as fair as Yvonne's la. Her skin is literally pale lor~ LOL. We were waiting for her appearance when she stepped into the auditorium, and me and Kaevan waved to her. Haha, okay she's not blind; she saw us and waved to us xD

During the talk, there was very easy banter between the 4 ladies on stage. One of them was a beauty consultant, another was the host, and of course Diana and Yvonne. Diana's english rocks man. I mean it's so perfect! And I think she's a very suitable candidate to come and talk about beauty, because she has beauty and brains man! And not to mention, 3Bs! Business, baby and HUBBY! And the hubby happens to be the very very hunky dory James Lye. SEE BELOW FOR PICTURE!

Hunky hunky!

Anyways to cut short a long story, after the talk was over, I went over to Yvonne and 'slapped' her shoulder and said 'Hey!' LOL I think many people thought what the hell I was doing. xD She said that her cough was still very bad, and I told her it sounded bad still, and my voice wasn't too good either. Haha, we were like 2 frogs talking to each other!LOL

Then I got diao-ed by her again. She ask whether my FYP was over, and I said yes, but there were still the main exams. So Yvonne asked me to study, then I told her: 'I think I have to repeat another semester lor anyway!' and I got diao-ed. Haha. Then I asked her if she repeated modules before, and Yvonne exclaimed 'NO!' Haha.

I NEED TO STUDY MAN! Haha, I also don't want to retain at SP another semester lor~

Okay will update on Lancaster properly if I have the time. Shall go back to studying now. But before that: pictures from the event!

men should not accept our destiny,we should choose it.
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: ,