Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh yaaay! I have finally finished watching a TVB drama. Haven't done that since eons ago when I was studying for my final exams during SP. While Steps was a failure in my honest and brutal opinion, I think [Bar Benders] did pretty darn well for me.



Maybe it's because I love law related shows, which is why [Bar Benders] totally did it for me. It wasn't very heavy on plot or anything, and the pace of the shows were also at an enjoyable speed. Among the casts were Adam Chen, Louisa So, Sammul Chan, Leila Tong, and my all time favourite baddie - Sek Sau!

Being a veteran, I think Adam Chen did a fine job. Haha. He actually made his character come alive, with not just a one sided dimension of his character, but an all round character (i.e with flaws). I super duper loved seeing the intellectual bantering between him and his secretary Lola. Lola was this senior citizen who works in his office and they will always make fun of each other. But you know that Tseung Man-To (Adam's character) likes it. HAHA! His relationship with Leila was also nice. Sure, it was hostile in the beginning, but you can slowly see that Tseung Si Ting (Leila's character) has a changing opinion of him.

Cheung Hiu Wai (Louisa's character) acts as a law clerk and a volunteer helper. Won't divulge too much, but I think she acts better as someone who's reaaaaaaaally sacarstic or bad (i.e Phoenix Rising or Truimph in the skies), but this is one of her rare lead roles, so commendable effort!

Lam Ka Shun (Sammul's character) TOTALLY ROCKS IN THIS SHOW! He's like my favourite character in this show. He starts off as being very aggressive and brash, but later when he learns that violence is not the way to solve issues, he turns for the better. After that he falls in love with Tseung Si Ting and does everything for her in secret! The best part was that he didn't want to tell Si Ting that he likes her cus he feels he doesn't match up to her (as he's a lorry driver and she's a lawyer). SO SWEET RITE?!

Anyways, won't continue typing out the spoilers here. I think it's a great show! A 4/5 stars for me!

And I will be watching this show soon!


The Ultimate Crime Fighter

Looks interesting man. I know Kevin's playing a homosexual in this show and this show isn't just about good and bad only. It talks about the grey areas between the good and the bad. Interesting? Let me finish watching it before I comment on it!

Went to the Food Fair with Xian ahd Ahyee on Saturday. I must say, every time when there's a Food Fair, I will definitely go with Ah Yee and Xian. But the only disappointing thing is that every food fair sells the same things everytime. We practically walked around the food fair in quick time man. I just hope that they will come out with new things for us to try, or else it's really gonna be a bit of a bore.


I like this picture, it looks as if Allen is doing an advertisement for Nutri-Tea.



After that, went out for dinner. Cool! We went back to that hokkien restaurant place where we ate the last time! And suddenly, all of us had this crazy idea of taking pictures because the blossoms and the picture were oh-so-perfecto!



Ate the usual stuffs again! I'll let the pictures do the talking!


Fish maw soup. We drank in two times in a day!


Hokkien mee. It's almost as good as the one in Malaysia!


Watercress vegetables


Prawn roll and Ngoh Hiang


PAI GU WANG! I don't know what it is in English.

On Sunday, went to have dinner at Ah Yee's house. OMGOMGOMG! It's been quite a regular thing - going to Ah Yee's house for dinner and she cooks this scrumptious meals every single time! I have been eating Ah Yee's food since I was born and all I can say is she totally rocks in cooking. If she had a restaurant, I'll bet it'll be bustling with business!


There was bittergourd with chicken, curry vegetables, siew mai, siew yoke (roast pork) and a fish. Quite a simple dinner this time, but trust me, it was good!

Men should not accept our destiny, we should choose it.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: ,