Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

After about 1 month of waiting, Bridge UP was finally nearing! You know, fans of Achmed (that's my nickname for her lah~ more special xD) are quite happening one leh. Probably in a few years' time, they'll be as happening as Yanziunlimited. Haha!

Anyway, met Bee and Dajie at Bishan Interchange. Btw, I didn't even know Bishan has an interchange. When Bee told me to wait at the intercharge, I was like "Huh? Where's the interchange?" to myself. Heng I managed to locate the place la. The BUZZ shop there was cool though, they had posters of Achmed on Seventeen magazine looking very much like Ms Sun during the WMDYT period.

I half wanted to wait until at night to take the posters down. Too bad, temptation not big enough. Haha! Seems like only the sun can tempt me to do vandalism =x

Went to Xinyi's house to help carry the stuff. And woah, either I must be getting really old, or I've grown weak. Halfway through the walk to the interchange (it's about 10 minutes walk), my legs started to cramp la! TMD! I thought it will go off after a while, but it stayed until I was halfway through the bus journey to Changi Village.

Oh, the bus ride was damn long. Haha, but it didn't feel long as Bee was chatting with me about photography stuff. Truth be told, I never see her talk so much before leh. Okay lah, sometimes I still need to crank my ears way up to hear her buzzing, but that's okay. LOL. Even Panda said that she never hear Bee speaking that much before!

At about 4.30pm, we finally reached the chalet. Eh, it's actually not a bad place you know. It looks like a decent house, and there's a full set of kitchen stuff for us to use, heaters that are working in the bathrooms, and air cons that can be operated! And it's cheap if we have any civil servant lobangs leh.

Started the fire at about 5.30pm I think. Bloody hell, there were so many cats there la. I've had a fear of cats since I was scratched like eons of years ago. But these cats keep coming! In the end, luckily the photographers took the cats to the other side, or else I'll be freaking out by now. Anyway, cat pictures to come soon!

For most of the chalet, I spent my time with JM bbq-ing food. Seriously, Yanziunlimited should open a bbq service that charges people for BBQs, because I think we're quite good at it xD.

At about 12am I think (I completely lost my sense of time during the chalet), we started playing water bombs. It was totally crazy, I went to the toilet for a while, and when I came back, all the water bombs were gone already. BUT that JM came up to me (and she was in my team!), and threw the water bomb on me la! TMD! That wasn't the worst actually;

The photographers who were in the safe zone suddenly threw water down on us. Of course, we ran upstairs and tried to open the door. You know, it's like those battering rams and Panda and I were like throwing ourselves against the door, hoping to get it open. Suddenly, when we tried opening the door, the door didn't have any resistance.

Turned out that Xinyi was right behind with a pail of water, and I was right in front of her! But luckily, I siam-ed fast enough and poor Kaevan got the full blast of water. I almost ROFLMAO on the spot la! So we charged in and pailed Xinyi! Then, I went over to where UFO, Yamie and Bee was, hiding behind the blankets. They thought that by covering themselves with the blankets, they would be safe, cus we didn't wanna pay extra for damages.

But HECK CARE! I threw the water on them still, and okay lah, luckily the blankets were taken away before I threw the water xD Some of them even stood on the beds, but none of us cared. We just kept throwing water xD and ended up flooding the room xD. Along with the flood came a few of Bee's tong leis, who obviously drowned in the water. Poor things.

After we swept the extra water in to the drains, we adjourned down. Some of them continued the Meta marathon, while I continued bbq-ing outside. Haha! I think about 2am, I went in to watch Meta with them all the way until 7 plus. In fact, I told the meats to fast forward Yvonne's parts cus it was really too sad to see Wanrou going down the dark side =x

Of course, we didn't skip the last part la! Eh that was probably the part that got her the Best Actress leh!

Went to White Sands' Macs to eat breakfast, and then we headed home. We was so freaking tired that we slept on the train. Once I reached home, I plonked down on my bed and slept all the way! And I was like just in time to wake up for the concert, which IMO, didn't perform good enough. Haha. I was so tensed everywhere from the lack of sleep and it really showed in my playing.

But all the same, I was glad that I could play with alumnus like Cai Pei and Hafiz, and I hope that more percussionists will join the alumni soon! Then I don't need to play drumset every single time. GIVE ME MY TIMPANI!

Men should not accept our destiny, we should choose it.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: ,