Once a timpanist, always a timpanist.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whee, another 8 more days and my life at SP is going to come to an end. The thought of it thrills me you know, having 熬过 this past 3 years without having much friends. =D

Anyways shocking news! Just when the news that MC King passed away was about to settle down, another tragedy hit Singapore. Or rather, Hollywood. I'm not sure if this guy is actually popular here in Singapore, but he was popular enough for me to recognise him in films such as say, Brokeback Mountain? The upcoming Joker in the new Batman movie?



Yeah, it's Heath Ledger. OMG right?! He's only 28 and has a daughter, and suddenly he was just found dead in the Olsen twins' apartment with pills around him. His death isn't really surprising, but what the heck was he doing in the Olsen twins' apartment when I doubt he's actually on good terms with them? Did he just happen to rent the apartment, or *GASPS!* the Olsen twins brought him there and killed him! LOL.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the autopsy report to be out before we can conclude anything. But I'll take the funnier option that one of the Olsen twins killed him, because they can seriously look quite deadly with their current looks, what with all the anorexia that they're undergoing.

Anyways back to Asia.

I've just finished watching Fathers and Sons! Oh and yeah, it's quite good! I mean one of the better dramas that TVB has done in 2007 at least. It was quite enjoyable watching the show, and I thoroughly thought that the actors were quite well casted. And of course, it was refreshing to see Wong Hei back after such a long hiatus!

The good:

The actors/actresses were quite good in acting! I mean, with marquee names like Bobby, Ha Yu, Wong Hei, Yoyo, Tavia, I was sure that I'd get something better than as compared to say, Price of Greed? And the theme song is tops! I totally love the theme song sung by Eason Chan. The storyline was good too and definitely the child actors were amazing! Plus, it had a family feeling around it and anything that has to do with family sure rock balls!

The bad:

WAH I HATED THE ENDING! TVB has this habit of making bad endings for dramas, and so even if the drama is good overall, it would have been let down by the mediocre ending. This was no exception. Everything was too sudden and too perfect in my opinion. And one more thing: I hated that Tavia broke up with Wong Hei. I was actually rooting for Wong Hei and Tavia to be together!

Overall rating: 3.5/5 for me. It's good, but the ending was really disappointing after I had high hopes for it.

Flying back to Taiwan! I've been listening to Fahrenheit's new album recently and haha, I actually prefer the songs in this album as compared to the previous one. But I have to bring up one important point: I DO NOT LIKE FAHRENHEIT! I mean, I make it a point never to support 偶像派 groups, and to always support 实力派 groups. (I don't know if I typed 派 correctly).

And Fahrenheit definitely is a 偶像派 group. Throw in one or two good singers and the rest are just pretty boys and TADAH! You have yourself a new idol group. I mean, I don't say it without evidence of course. Take a look at the video below.



I love the song actually. But Wu Zun's singing is just really below par. I think he better not sing in future and just continue to act and look pretty. Yan Ya Lun's singing is obviously the best in the group and I actually like his voice. It's a pity he's in the group. Oh and don't you think, Wang Dong Cheng's lips look too red? LOL. Sighs. Fahrenheit fans, please do not kill me. I'm just stating my own opinion.

Finally! Yes, another post on Yvonne. I must be utterly mad to post continuously about her everyday. LOL. Anyways, I've just finished watching the trailers for [A Mobile Love Story], which is an idol-based 20 episodes drama. Now take it from me that I never watch idol dramas, especially after MVP Valentine. So actually I wasn't actually gaga over this show when it surfaced a few months back.

But when I was surfing through trusty old Youtube today, I found the videos and started watching it. OMG, I'm not too sure if it was Yvonne that pulled me into the drama, but I got very hooked on watching the trailers itself! I mean, the drama has all the makings of an idol-based drama, but something is inside the show that other shows lack. I think it's Yvonne that other shows lack. Which is why, I'm going to buy the VCD if it comes out in stores. Take a look at the trailers below.





From what I can infer, Wallace and Yvonne were a couple last time, and Wallace dedicated a win to Yvonne, and said something along the lines of not being able to do anything if not for the help of Yvonne. After which, Yvonne proposed to Wallace. Har? Why did Yvonne propose to Wallace? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Anyways, at the wedding, Yvonne actually ran away from the wedding for God-knows what reason. Wallace then tried to call her phone but someone else picked it up. Shall not say too much about the someone else but I'll just skip to Yvonne's parts. Yvonne found out she had cancer and could not live for long, which was why she ran away from the wedding.

Some pictures from the show:



SO SAD! WHY EVERY SHOW YVONNE ALSO MUST DIE ONE?!

Heard that she had a second wedding in the show before she passed away peacefully. OOPS! SPOILER! But the main point is: why does Yvonne have to suffer in almost every drama that she acts in? STUPID PRODUCERS! She really look like she like to die meh?

In [Stepping Out], she acted as Haiyan who was abused by the husband and made to walk on fire. In [An Enchanted Life], she acted as Shanqi whose father did not want to acknowledge her at first. In [A New Life], she acted as Ahmei, who had cancer and died in the show. In [True Heroes], she acted as Irene who tried committing suicide but couldn't (LOL!). In [Beautiful Illusions], she acted as Xiaofen who was killed by Nick Shen's character. Lastly, in [Metamorphosis], she acted as Wanrou who was raped and then subsequently killed herself.

WAH LAO! Out of so many dramas, only in [An Enchanted Life] did Yvonne had a happy ending. When will Mediacorp actually start giving Yvonne nicer roles to act in ar? I have to admit though, a sad ending will actually get a Best Actress award. LOL. Cue: Metamorphosis.

Anyways! Watch [A Mobile Love Story]!

men should not accept our destiny,we should choose it.
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Labels: , , ,