
Date: Sunday, January 6, 2008
Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Location: Victoria Concert Hall
Street: 11 Empress Place
City/Town: Singapore
Repertoire:
- Overture to Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg - by Richard Wagner
- The Inn of Sixth Happiness - by Malcolm Arnold
- Willson Suite Mvt.3, “Hurricane” - by Robert W. Smith
Tuba Soloist, Mr Kelvin Tan.
- Ghost Train - by Eric Whitacre
- Flourish for Wind Band - by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Orient Express - by Philip Sparke
- Tintin - by Dirk Brossé/ arr: Johan de Meij
- Galaxy Express 999 - by Masanori Taruya
Conductor: Mr. Leonard Tan
Tickets are selling at $12, $15
My very last concert in Singapore Polytechnic, of course barring any chances that I might have to repeat a semester in school or something like that. But please, do support!
___________________________________________________________________
I'm into the last 5 episodes of The Drive of Life! It's been an enjoyable show, as I've been able to watch a lot of my favourite TVB stars like Myolie, Jessica, Raymond! Plus, Damien's acting for this show has been superb! He lifts the whole show up and seriously without him, I think that the show would be a dread to watch!
The plots gets thicker each time, and Joe is the overall baddie in the show. However, Jessica keeps giving in to him, thinking that he will turn over a new leaf when he found out she's pregnant! But he didn't! Or rather, I know he wouldn't! To be honest, I don't like the pairing of Joe and Jessica. Maybe in the start when Joe was still good, I found myself rooting for this couple. But as I watch on, I get more and more repulsive of Joe's character! And I seriously wish that Jessica was with Michael in the first place. Sighsss...
Another pairing that I'm not a fan of is the popular Raymond and Charmaine pairing. I think the reason as to why I do not like this pairing is because I'm a huge Charmaine unsupporter, and I think she cannot act for nuts. Plus, I felt that in the show, Myolie and Raymond were a better couple!!!!!! But I have to admit, Charmaine's character is likeable, if I put some effort into not being so biased. But I can't eh.
Myolie rocks in this show! I can hardly remember any show that I don't like her at all. I mean, her acting is so natural and it just comes out just like that. At first, I really hated Raymond for throwing her aside and not chasing after her even if Myolie requested not too. (It means that Raymond does not love Myolie as much as Charmaine la!) But after that, seeing Myolie and Feng Shao Feng together was really cute! Although the dubbing for Feng Shao Feng sucks, but it's so sweet!
I just love the way the two of them became an item, from supporting each other whenever either one was down to looking after each other. And in Episode 55, Feng Shao Feng proposed to Myolie!!! And you can tell that it's the real deal this time, unlike the other time when Raymond proposed to Myolie because he was UNSECURE!
Gonna go and chiong the last 5 episodes! Chows!
After 5 episodes:
I have finally finished The Drive of Life! OMG, one of the best dramas I've watched this year! It suits my preference of dramas right up to an S man! Long episodes of drama to watch, with grand productions and a grand cast. What else can I ask for? Besides, I was SUPER DUPER impressed with Jessica's acting towards the last 3-4 episodes.
Never seen acting from her like that in a while already. And it really impressed me! Her crying scenes, her character is all too good! I still can remember the last episode when Damien wanted to phone to police to expose Joe, but Jessica begged and knelt down on the floor to ask Damien for another 3 hours to try to convince Joe. And how Damien said that Jessica's love for her family made him very proud of her.
"Do you know what makes me feel so proud for you? It's your love for your family. Even if Chun Pong [That's Raymond] stabbed Joe, you would have taken the blame for him. I know that you framed Chun Pong was because you were trying to protect him as you was afraid Wing Biu [That's Joe] would harm him. Subsequently, you rather bear with all the misunderstandings the family had towards you so that you can protect Chun Pong"
OMG I was so touched with this passage. Argh! Simply love Jessica in that scene!!!
Overall a 4.5/5 stars for me! Great show!
____________________________________________________________________
It's already Sunday! Star Awards 2007 is coming! As usual, I'll have my predictions for the awards. But please, don't mind me being biased sometimes. I can't help it.
Best Actor
1) Chen Han Wei - House of Joy
2) Qi Yu Wu - The Peak
3) Tay Ping Hui - Mars vs Venus
4) Zhang Yao Dong - The Greatest Love of All
5) Zheng Geping - Like Father, Like Daughter
Simple reason, Mr Tay is my love. And he acted superbly in this show! I'll be cheering for him tomorrow!!!
Best Actress
1) Huang Biren - Mars vs Venus
2) Ivy Lee - House of Joy
3) Jesseca Liu - Kinship 1
4) Joanne Peh - Like Father, Like Daughter
5) Yvonne Lim - Metamorphosis
Not that I don't want Yvonne to win! But I think Biren is too strong an opponent already. In my heart, I dearly dearly want Yvonne to win you know! Especially as she's the dark horse, and she really acted well in Metamorphosis!!! But I'll be cheering for Yvonne tomorrow nevertheless!
Best Supporting Actor
1) Brandon Wong - The Homecoming
2) Cavin Soh - Mars vs Venus
3) Darren Lim - Kinship 1
4) Nick Shen - Like Father, Like Daughter
5) Yao Wen Long - Happily Ever After
No need to say, surely Brandon Wong will win. I can never forget his 'Siao Ah?!?!' phase in The Homecoming!
Best Supporting Actress
1) Eelyn Kok - Kinship 1
2) Ezann Lee - Making Miracles
3) Jacqueline Sue - Like Father, Like Daughter
4) May Phua - Mars vs Venus
5) Ng Hui - The Greatest Love of All
Ezann must win! She delivered like her best performance in her whole life for this show as a retarded girl! That was one of the best character actings I've ever seen! If it goes to Jacqueline Sue ar, I will slap her face!
Okay I won't be making predictions for the other categories. Cus I will get too agitated! Blog tomorrow about the results!
men should not accept our destiny,we should choose it.
never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game


D.I.E
The Dream Catchers